Thursday, April 19, 2012

Category 3: How His Career Impacted His Life


Entry 1:
In case you didn't know, Drake isn't your average rapper. Maybe it’s because he is able to can spit a mean 16-bars on the microphone, and then switch it up and sing his own hooks and melodies. It is obvious that Drake is not afraid to step out of the box when it comes to his music. Drake has recently accomplished the unimaginable. His mixtape "So Far Gone" made in 2009 has sold more copies than most artists' full-length albums.  Also in 2010, Drake’s hit song "Best I Ever Had" was nominated for two Grammy awards before Drake had released the album the song belongs in. Drake’s album “Thank Me Later” recently became platinum. There is no doubt that Drake is a successful asset to the music industry. Drake’s recent song, Successful, talks about how successful he really is. “Yeah, I want it all, that’s why I strive for it. Diss me, and you’ll never hear a reply for it. Any awards show or party, man I get fly for it. I know that it’s comin’, I just hope that I’m alive for it.” –Drake, Successful . Even Drake’s father spoke of his son’s success to Fox Action News 5 after not being a part of his son’s life for most of his childhood.  He mentioned the impact it had on Drake. In what seemed like a matter of minutes, Drake went from being virtually unknown to the rapper most likely to succeed, which led to one of the biggest major label bidding wars in hip-hop history.http://www.bet.com/news/music/2011/11/16/drake-s-father-speaks-on-son-s-success.html
http://ww.biography.com/people/drake-596834


Entry 2:
              Over the last four years, Drake has made over four million dollars. Drake now owns a mansion he bought from 1970’s Jimmy Page. Drake flaunts his large amount of money throughout many of his songs including Money to Blow. I got 'em. They can't help it, and I can't blame 'em. Since I got famous, boy! I got money to blow. Gettin' it in, lettin' these bills fall all over your skin. I got money to blow.” –Drake, Money to Blow. He also mentions his money in his remixed song, Money. “And my, proceeds and cash right, money. There's, no need to stash right, money. I got the same, 4 g's from last night, money. You cannot take that from me, homie.” –Drake, Money. His successful career has brought him millions of dollars.





                 Drake is one of the most successful rappers today. Many people believe that fame changes a person; they become arrogant and self-centered. That may be true in some cases, but my personal opinion is that with all the recent fame that has been brought towards Drake, he hasn’t changed in a negative way. Drake takes past bad experiences and uses them in his music. He claims that his hard childhood has made him stronger as a person and has taught him a lot. If anything, I believe that Drake has changed in a positive way. He uses his experiences and includes them in his music, which helps his fans that have gone through similar situations. His fans can relate to his music, which has a major positive impact on his fame and success.“The realest people say your lyrics do a lot for me. I took my story and made it history.” -Drake       

No comments:

Post a Comment